Monday, September 22, 2008
...more on Mercury Retrograde
Victoria's Astro-Updates, Mercury Retrograde
Once again, it's time to get ready for another Mercury Retrograde! Oh, boy, right? Mercury is the planet that rules communication, travel, cars, electronics, computers, appliances, and the general flow of things in daily life. When it goes retrograde, that means Mercury is at the far part of it's orbit around the Sun, so it looks as if it is going backwards, in relation to the earth. Of course, planets do not go backwards, at least not in the Solar System we live in, but when a planet goes retrograde, its influence on us seems to go in a reverse direction to the "norm." That's why Murphy's law seems to operate so much more frequently during these periods. Things just aren't flowing they way they usually do. This retrograde should be particularly interesting because it falls during such a sensitive part of the Election. I can't wait to see what kind of wild "miscommunication" might come out of that!
Mosty, Mercury Retrograde is more of a pain in the butt than a major catastrophy. Things break down, cars have to go in the shop, people miss appointments, we get into more tiffs with friends through miscommunication, computers go on the fritz more, travel plans get messed up more, and people from the past show up in droves. Remember, it's not always bad, but can be confusing and frustrating if we expect things to go the way they usually do. The following is a brief synopsis of what to expect during the weeks to come and the significant dates associated with this event, which happens about 3 times each year.
1. September 3, 2008: Mercury went into its "Shadow" phase, heading towards retrograde, on September 24,2008, in the sign of Libra. This means Mercury wasn't retrograde quite yet, but it was starting to slow down. So the Mercury Retrograde Effect was starting to creep in from around September 3. Since it's in Libra, the sign associated with relationships, you might notice relationship issues as a "theme" for this one.
2. September 24, 2008: Mercury goes stationary/retrograde, (stands still and starts going "backwards") on September 24, 2008, at 12:17 AM Pacific Time. The days immediately preceding this date, and immediately following this date could be particularly intense.
3. September 17 through September 30 : This period, leading up to and including September 24 and continuing on to September 30, represents "The Storm" or the most powerful manifestation of the Mercury Retrograde Effect. Time to be more aware and patient.
4. October 15, 2008: On October 15, 2008, at 1:06 PM Pacific Time, Mercury goes stationary/direct, meaning it stands still and starts going forward. This ought to be good, as it comes in right on the heels of a Full Moon in Aries on October 14, 2008. This could mean more drama than the average Full Moon brings up. Aries, take special note! Tuesday is an Astrological Opportunity Period, so this could be a pretty good day to get some things going, even with the Mercury action.
5. October 11 through October 20, 2008: This period, leading up to and including October 15, when Mercury goes direct, is the second "Storm Period" when the Mercury Retrograde Effect is at its highest. So take it slow, drive carefully, and be observant.
6. October 30: Even thought Mercury will have gone direct on October 15, it won't be officially and completely over until October 30 2008, which is when the "Shadow" part of Mercury Retrograde has completely faded. This just means that there is still a little bit of a Mercury Retrograde "hangover" in effect. I will say, you will probably already notice tons of change and clearer energy right after October 15.
So, what does that mean to you? I'll give you my standard rap.
1. Don't buy a new car, appliance, or computer unless you absolutely have to. I probably will have problems or have to be returned. I don't even buy new clothes during Mercury Retrograde unless I have to.
2. Get your car tuned up and checked up if you have the least bit of suspicion about it.
3. Expect something to go wrong with your computer and back up your files, carefully.
4. Know that people aren't communicating as well and be patient.
5. Know that you aren't communicating as well, and try to be clear.
6. Enjoy chance meetings with old friends and get in touch with people from your past.
7. Take a trip down memory lane and dig up your old photos and journals.
8. Be careful with travel, check and double check your itinerary and expect possible delays.
9. Avoid signing contracts if possible.
10. Keep and extra set of keys around.
11. Be introspective, connect to your dreams, meditate, and take a DEEP BREATH.
12. If you don't have to start a new job or business project during this period, that would be good.
13. Be a lot nicer to people and explain yourself clearly. People are more confused and frustrated than usual and could use your extra TLC. It's nice to be the person who can be helpful during this period, rather than part of the problem.
14. Just because your old boyfriend, girlfriend, ex-husband or wife calls you and wants to get together, do not necessarily take this as a sign from the Universe that you are supposed to get back together. This kind of stuff always happens during Mercury Retrograde, and is more often than not just at "Review Session" so you can get some perspective or some closure about that person/relationship.
Mercury Retrograde gets a bad rap, but if you just take the time to tune in to the change in the energy, you'll do just fine. And if the you-know-what hits the fan, if you are being mindful and centered, you'll react to it a lot more effectively.
September 22, 2008, 8:44 AM Pacific Time is Fall Equinox. The day and night will be of equal length as the Sun goes into the sign of Libra. You may wish to honor the changing of the season and earth energies the weekend before the Equinox, or the day of the Equinox. Fall is the time to give thanks for what we have and acknowledge what we have accomplished. It is a time to gather our resources and prepare for Winter. We re-balance our energy after the days of Summer. It is harvest time, and a time of sharing the good things in life with others. Perhaps you will decide to have a Fall Equinox gathering with your friends to bring in the new vibration together, and set some positive intentions from the next 3 months that lie ahead.